My parents split up

Hey guys, so this is my first official blog post.
My posts for this month are going to be all about self-care and self-love, but today I am going to be writing about parents splitting up.
So, I have never really written about this, but talking or writing can really help you let out your emotions and make you feel less ‘trapped’.
My parents split up in May 2017 and I remember the exact day it happened. We had just gotten back from a festival and my grandparents came over. I remember my mum and dad were talking and then my dad got very upset.
This worried me and my brother a lot. Then after 20 minutes of unpacking and settling back into our house after 3 days away, our parents called us into the lounge.
We all sat down and I could tell by the grim, sorry look on my mom's face that it was not good news. My mum did all the talking and before she had even finished her sentence I had run out of the room in tears.
I cried a lot, and now I look back at it, it was probably an overreaction. After this, my dad stayed in my aunt’s house and he stayed there for 4 months. The best part about it was that my mum and dad were not arguing, they were friends. This made it easier and more pleasurable for us.
The first month or two was very upsetting, but once we started to get into a routine everything calmed down. Now my dad is moving into his flat, which means we will get to spend an equal amount of time with each parent.
The most important thing to remember when your parents split up is that it is not your fault. I remember at night I would think to myself ‘How can I fix this’. Most of the time you can’t. Your parents made the decision and although you may think it is bad or horrible, in the long run, it may turn out better.
So, you are probably thinking, ‘but why did they split up’. Well, in a relationship you need 3 crucial ingredients; love, trust and happiness. For example, if 2 people trust each other and are happy but will never love each other, maybe they are better off as friends. Or you could love someone, but not be happy or trust them which could lead to lots of arguments making everyone around you unhappy.
I think that’s all I have to say for the moment. If you want to email me about something you are worried about, my email is LipglossNGoss@gmail.com.
Lots of Love,

                Catty X

Comments

Popular Posts